Thursday, July 11, 2013

Letter #3 - July 11, 2013

7-11-13
Dear Mom,
                Thanks for everything, including the socks!  Those came just in time, and yes I would love some more.  I'm really sorry I missed yours and dad's birthdays, but I hope they were good without me.  The MTC is so great!  Everyone was telling me, "just make it to Sunday" or "just get through the first week" but I never felt the need.  The Lord really has blessed me, and I hope you feel that He's blessed you guys as well.  I know that as long as I stay faithful & give these 2 years my all He will watch over my family, and that is what gives me a little extra motivation when I'm feeling down.
My comp is Elder Carter.  I really don't think the Lord could've paired me with someone more opposite than myself.  We disagree on teaching methods but we make it work I guess.  Plus there's always my District to turn to.  My district is so great!  We have 4 sisters & 12 brothers.  I had 2 companions, but one of the elder's comps missed his flight, so Elder Wilson my other companion is with him for awhile.  But the guys in my district have become like family.  I'm closest to Elder Leviticus, Askley, & Tu'itopou.  Leviticus is our district leader.  He and Askley are companions, both from Hawaii, & both Marshallese.  They help me out when I can't figure out a word & are hilarious.  Tu'itupou is from Australia.  He's super chill & a good friend to talk to.  And apparently culture is different there because he says "hell" & "damn" all the time & gets some pretty interesting looks from all these missionaries.
                I had a cool experience a couple of nights ago.  One of the elders in our district was sick.  So sick that he couldn't get out of bed laid there for most of the day.  We asked him if he wanted a blessing & he said yes.  I anointed him & his comp blessed him. - side story- I felt an impression to receive the Melchezideck priesthood before I went on Origination.  That's why I was pushing so hard for it.  I know it was frustrating & probably didn't make sense to you, but it did to me.  On my trip I had the chance to anoint the girl that was sick in my family.  And because of this I was able to rise to the occasion when this elder needed a blessing.  Any way the next morning he woke up & felt completely fine & was able to do everything he needed to do.  That really testified to me of the power of the priesthood.  Also Jared, Gavin, Ryan Morrin, Dawson Pedersen, & Gabe Wood are on the floor below me so I go down & talk to them almost every night.  Also I've been mooching food off them so like I said some like Swedish fish, Gummy Bears, Mike & Ices, and whatever else you want to send would be much appreciated :-)  I miss & love you, and just remember to put your faith in the Lord and you'll never need to worry about me.
Love,
Sammy

ps also feel free to share some of this stuff cause I didn't have enough time to put it in the email. 

No comments:

Post a Comment